- DaTuner lite app — if you have a smartphone (or your parents phone) download this and tune your strings to G3, D4, A4, E5. Make sure it lights up green and you’re good to go!
- Scales Demystified! — A must-read to understand scales!
- Music Theory.net — go here to learn more about the language of music.
- Virtual Piano — a great tool for learning notes and music theory!
- Online Metronome
- Classical Music Dictionary of musical terms
- Overview of the History of Music
- Sight Read 4 – a fun app!
“You are going to play the music of great composers, and you must try to catch their hearts in the music. You must practice every day to catch the feelings of others without words. Look at your mother and father. Can you see how they feel? Try to see when your mother needs your help before she asks. Then it is too late. If you practice every day, watching not to harm anyone by what you say, and also trying to catch how they feel, then you will develop sensitivity toward the feelings of others. Perhaps later you will also catch the hearts of Bach and Mozart in their music.” –Dr. Suzuki
Cool Video about How to read Music!